Wednesday, October 10, 2012

no book sale for me

The Friends of the Library held their fall book sale last weekend. This was the first sale in years that I didn't attend. Due to a variety of events last week, I just never was able to schedule some time to be over there. I'm feeling quite disconnected with that group at the moment, and I guess it was just bound to happen.  I really wanted to stop in and give the lady who has 'managed' the sales for the past 5 years a big hug and say to her loud and clear "Thank you for your hard work."

I guess I will need to find another way to thank her. When I became the president of the group I begged her to keep on as the sale manager until my term was over! She was so reliable, so organized, so good at that job. I knew I didn't have to worry or focus any energy in that direction with her in charge.

Well, I guess I will learn, along with the rest of the members, how the sale went in the next newsletter.


No comments: