Monday, October 15, 2012

the reclaiming of my flower beds

Back in the early spring, before the oldest's graduation party, we had made a big push to clean the flower beds and spread down some mulch.

Then the next thing I knew, it was October. Yes, I don't believe I did a darn thing to those beds all summer long. The bed on the east side of our house was so overgrown, I was embarrassed. I love to garden and putz around with the landscaping, but when I went back to work full time, I just didn't have enough hours on the weekend to spend that sort of time digging in the dirt.

Hubby graciously offered to help and I accepted, knowing I would be advising him all day long on what was a weed and what was a perennial. It took us 3 hours, but we managed to weed, trim, and reclaim all of the flower beds and shrubs. It actually looks nice again!

We still have a few things to do once the grass goes dormant. The liriope needs to be cut down along with the irises, the mexican petunias and the sedum.

This gardening effort was just one item on our to do list for the weekend. I'm happy to report we checked off all the other items as well.

Happy Monday!

No comments: