Tuesday, March 20, 2012

pulling weeds

I finally got the flower beds weeded that are located on the front and side of the house. Thank goodness! I guess it rained here while we were down in sunny Florida, so pulling these quick growing plants was pretty easy.  It seems all the plants I want to live and grow and bloom survived our 'un-winter' just fine. Now, if we have an overly warm summer, some may not make it. I'm not a big one for hauling the hose around to water my plants. I prefer to let Mother Nature take care of that gardening chore for me.

The back beds are up next, and I hope to work on those Wednesday. I enjoy weeding. After a busy day at work, even though it wasn't mentally taxing, doing some simple physical labor was nice.

I was able to talk with my boss about the full time position over in the other department. He was totally supportive and said I should be a shoe-in for the job. We shall see - in about a month.  The timeline allows me to really think about how going from 24 hours a week to 37.5 will change things at home.

Chores may need to be reassigned. Expectations will have to be changed when it comes to what Mom does and what the rest of the family does to keep things moving along. Streamline. Downsize. Organize. The current mode of operation will need to be evaluated and tweaked.

Seems I need to take a good look at the 'flower beds' in the house and see what weeds need pulling.

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

You enjoy weeding? Wow. Wanna come over to my place?

EYR said...

Yep. It is a sickness. I actually like the finished product, those nice tidy flower beds. In order to get them, I must weed!