Thursday, September 17, 2009

today

I finished the Casey Daniels mystery I had sent over from another library. "Tombs of Endearment" was just as cute as the other three Pepper Martin mysteries I've read. Up next is the latest YA book from Melissa de la Cruz in her vampire series. "Revelations" picks right up with the story of the angels/vampires in upper crust NYC.

After the regular Thursday happenings at the library and bookstore, tonight will be one of those special moments for my youngest. His elementary school has a different grade perform a collection of songs at the monthly PTA meeting. After five years of singing, by 5th grade, they have quite a backlist of music. Tonight they will do their final performance and sing a medley of songs from all the years they have attended the school. He's been singing his favorites for us since class started and practice began for tonight's program. Next year when they all head off to middle school, life will change in a big way for them and this sort of 'thing' just isn't done. But, I have high hopes to be sitting in that auditorium for band concerts!

Soccer has been rained out all week. I just hope it dries out enough for the recreational season to start on time this weekend. The older two kids have games to ref and they need the money. The middle kid will make her debut as a center ref and has been assigned to four U8 games....nothing better than watching 'hive' soccer as those little ones scurry around the field like a swarm of bees after that ball. The older one has center ref duties on four U10 games, which means she will get to try and explain the whole concept of offsides to yet another crop of players and parents and sometimes even coaches! Soccer keeps you more than physically fit, when you are a teenaged ref, it also teaches you diplomacy, patience and assertiveness.

The mantra for today is "rain, rain, go away." Hope the sun shines a bit on all of us today.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

good luck tonight!

I need you to read a book i just finished, The Late Lamented Molly Marx.

I need to know what you think of it?

I thought it was really good but the reviews are all bad. The book is haunting me! :)

EYR said...

I just checked our online catalog and is shows the book is in, so I will check it out today and get back to you....I read the reviews on B&N, looks good to me!