Friday, September 18, 2009

friday

Here comes the weekend and it looks like the rain we've had since last Sunday is going to hold on and stay with us. ugh. ugh. ugh.

The sun came out for a brief moment yesterday and I walked out to the patio and stood facing that bright, glowing, orb and just let the sunshine beat down on me. I get a little disconcerted if I go without sun for more than a few days. Going without sustained sunshine for a week is trying my patience. I thought we left this gloom and drear when we moved away from the Great Lake region and settled in the south.

I finished reading the de la Cruz book yesterday.....so-so. Not sure if it was the book or if it is me. I found myself skimming the last fifty pages and that is never a good sign. Sometimes a series has a book or two in it that just don't quite capture your full attention and I'm hoping that this is the case for this book.

Up next is the latest Marcus Didius Falco mystery from Lindsey Davis. Our intrepid Roman sleuth is on vacation in Alexandria when the head librarian winds up dead. These are clever books with sly wit. Yum.

Hope the sun is shining somewhere; maybe we will get some afternoon sunshine like we did yesterday. It might be enough to get me through until this system is replaced by something more to my liking.

2 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

The rain is getting to be a real drudge, but one friend said she was able to mow her lawn yesterday, so it must have been sunny somewhere. (Like it's always 5 o"clock somewhere, huh?)

Yesterday's book store early hours dragged, only to finish my shift with a flurry of big sales! Made a decent day of it after all.

Kim Smith said...

Isnt this something??? I mean it, we are all gonna be mildewed if it doesnt stop soon!