Tuesday, September 29, 2009

jackpot

Sooooo excited! While I was at the library yesterday, I found several books to borrow and when I went to the counter to check them out, the gal let me know that a book I had requested arrived and was on hold for me. It was Michelle Moran's latest, "Cleopatra's Daughter." Whoo Hoo! I'm only about 140 pages into it, but am enjoying every page. Michelle has a great gift for bringing history and the people who made it to life. It is almost like she sat down and interviewed all of them over a coffee at Starbucks, they jump from the pages....quite a gift.

I will post a complete review when I finish the novel. I also found an very interesting looking book called "The Magicians" that I can't wait to read.

Jackpot day in the stacks. Nothing better.

Today is all about getting things in place so I can spend the rest of the week working the book sale at the library. Middle kid's soccer tournament is off for the weekend, but the oldest and hubby will still head east to take on some tough teams from the middle of our state.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: