Wednesday, September 2, 2009

more goodness

The oldest kid's team kicked some serious booty last night and demolished their opponent 7-0. The middle kid had a good practice and both kids have games tonight. Of course as they haven't perfected human cloning, I'm farming one kid out and going to the other kid's game. Ah, the joys of parenting two athletes. We've not had to do this before....miss one of their games...and let me tell you, it doesn't make me very happy. But, I'm sure we will all survive.

In other news, I had to prove I live in my fair town so I could renew my library card and continue to check out books. Yes, the new policy is now in effect and those who don't reside within the 'special' zip codes will be dinged $25 for a library card. I just had to fork over identification and a utility bill with my name on it. Felt a bit sorry for the new employee activating my card, what a day to start work. I bet some folks, despite the fact that this change was well advertised within the library, didn't have their proof with them yesterday and left without the books they wanted.

After my card was all good again, I checked out two books I'd requested from another library...they are by Casey Daniels and are the Pepper Martin mysteries. Can't wait to dive into them, but I have to finish "Mistress Shakespeare" first.

Today is a Friends day....executive board meeting and then general membership meeting. I wonder if when I hand over the store reins if I won't get to go to the executive meeting anymore??? Hmmmm. I will have to investigate this.

But, the most important thing to do today is to open up that box of Loreal...because, you know, I am worth it!!! Hahahaha

3 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Surely there's a position of Emeritus for the Book Store director, so you can stay on 'the board' ? If not, then we'll just have to create one.
I'm taking my Proofs today to renew my card, and will try to do hubby's for him at the same time. Wonder if that will be 'allowed'? I hate to think of all the questions and complaints the staff will be fielding on this change.

EYR said...

Well, I'm sure our president would let me continue to attend, but not sure if I want to be 'hovering' over our new gals once they start. Quite the tightrope I've set for myself to walk upon!! How to stay involved, but to not step on any toes:)

A few complaints were heard in the store and our gal on duty said they should go across the street and let their voice be heard by our elected officials. The lady in question resides in the 'reserve' area and was told she would have to pay for her card.

Anne's BLOG said...

IF the Reserve area has 38017 then there should be NO Problem !!!
I had one call yesterday, a Friend who has no picture on her Drivers License (over age, not required)so she said she'll take her Passport and hope.
Town officals Do Need to Know what chaos they have created !
Yep, tightropes can be tricky. Follow the 'mother of the groom' advice..."wear beige and keep your mouth shut."