Thursday, September 3, 2009

a lull in the action

Looking forward to a quiet end to the week and a peaceful weekend. Yesterday, the oldest kid's team won their second game by a score of 4-0 and the middle kid's team fell 0-1 in a tough match. Tonight we have academic awards at the high school for the oldest kid; awards are for last year's efforts.

I hope to finish "Mistress Shakespeare" today and move on to those Casey Daniels books I mentioned.

Ran into one of our elected officials last night at the fields. Guess the electronic inboxes at town hall are stuffed full with complaints about the new library card policies. Those ladies who don't have their names appear on utility bills are in a bind when it comes to proving they actually reside in their homes with their families. The official I spoke with said she wouldn't qualify for a card as her name isn't on any of the utility bills. The fallout from not thinking a policy all the way through....ahhhh, I'm not going to do it, biting my tongue, no gloating here about being right....I wonder how fast the new proof of residency policy will be changed?!

I'm going to enjoy the lull I expect the next few days to bring!

1 comment:

Anne's BLOG said...

I won't say that I hope Town Hall is flooded with irate citizens... that would not be nice. Those who tell US their tales of woe in the book store are being referred across the street, and I hope they'll go.
A friend did not have a Picture on her drivers license, so she took her passport just in case. It worked.
And this is just the THIRD day.
Several statements: "This is the first I heard. I do not get the CA or the Herald." "Why don't they warn us in advance?" and so forth -
ad infinitum...