Monday, January 14, 2008

bookstore bonanza

Writers need to read and when a box full of urban fantasy and paranormals was delivered to the library on Saturday, I received an immediate phone call from our treasurer/inventory control gal. I spent a glorious few minutes sifting through a packing box full of new releases, and I mean virtually every title was published in 2007. Wowsa.

Needless to say, my nightstand now has several piles of books stacked on it. Several of the books, I'm happy to report, are by authors I've never read. A few are more 'romance' than I have been reading, but I thought I'd give them a whirl and see just how gritty paranormal books with the romance label are becoming.

Also on the bookstore front, we had our best week ever last week and made over $1,000 in five days.

On the writing front, one of the Teen Advisory Board kids I worked with at the library sent me his latest edit on his epic fantasy....that should be fun to dig into for a bit.

In my own writing, zilch. I actually opened the laptop with the intention of editing over the weekend and then realized that the middle daughter needed to be carted to the mall for a dance dress look-see. Glad to say we found one at Macy's on sale. So, by the time I got back home, made dinner and such, it was time to watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles...pretty entertaining.

I'm hoping to start back on the WIP, page 42 look out, I've got you in my sights tomorrow for 10:00-12:00....

No comments: