Tuesday, June 26, 2007

summer time

I'm not sure what I expected. Since I left my position at the library, I rededicated myself to completing the Maddy story. Some days I wrote more than others, but I worked on the manuscript and finished the story. Then summer arrived. Since then I've not done much of anything. Yes, I did edit last week. Those edits, while painful, were the easy ones. Now that I'm facing true revisions, I've stalled.

Is summer not conducive to writing? Granted, it is more difficult with a full house. Can't say it is exactly quiet around here. Or is that just an excuse? My level of motivation has fallen.

If I wait until school resumes, I've lost a good two months worth of work time. Wasteful.

I'm just not sure which way to go. Do I bag it for now? Do I try to start revising? Do I work on something different? I have loads of questions, but if my muse is giving me an answer, I'm deaf to her at the moment.

2 comments:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

I manage the critique groups for the Writer's Guild in my city.

For three cycles we've averaged about 90 members in Seven groups.

This was our first Summer cycle...

17 signups. It's not you, there must be something about Summer that isn't conducive to writing.

EYR said...

Always nice to know I'm not the only lazy writer!