Wednesday, June 6, 2007

pantries and plants

After two days of grocery shopping, the pantry is stocked, as are the freezer and fridge. Something comforting about having lots of food in the house.

Wish I could stock my imagination in the same way. I'm in a bit of a writing drought right now and I need something to come along and give me a sprinkle or two or three. Can you tell I've been watering my plants daily? The garden/muse metaphor is really working for me.

The thing is, I want to write. I really do. I just seem to find so many other things that need doing. Like my toenails, like reading, like just about anything other than writing or editing.

So, rather than beat myself up over this, I'm giving myself the rest of the week off. Yep, I'm not going to open either WIP file. Then next week I'm going to get back to work. Promise.

No comments: