Friday, June 8, 2007

atta girl

I haven't opened either WIP, but I did write text for our library Friends' website. Is that cheating on my promise to avoid writing this week and resume my efforts next week? I'd say no. Writing for the website, the library, the Friends is easy. No brainer. No gnawed fingernails. No trips to the kitchen. Lots of compliments, thanks, gratitude from the tech savvy but writing impaired website gurus.

Easy.

Sometimes working with the WIPs is easy like that, but more often it isn't. It is, however, like most things that require great effort, more rewarding. Even though I'm not getting 'atta-girls' from anyone when I churn out a few thousand words.

I think we all need periodic pats on the back for our efforts. We like to be recognized. We like to be acknowledged. It is important to get some validation for what we work on each day.

I guess the trick is to be able to do that for yourself. Have you given yourself an 'atta-girl' today? You should, you know.

No comments: