Thursday, June 14, 2007

expectations

Damn it, I hate when I have to adjust my expectations. I'm not sure if it is a character flaw or personality quirk, but when I decide on a course of action and then have to adjust, it just ticks me off.

I really expected that I'd be able to write and edit this summer. Now, granted, summer is far from over, but the last three weeks have been filled with everything but writing and editing. The offspring are older and more involved. This means I spend way more time in the van than I do at my desk. I'm also one of those people who is not good at carving our a few minutes here and there. I'm greedy. If I can't have two hours at the computer, just forget it.

I've tried to adjust my expectations, to bend, to make concessions. It isn't working.

Yes, I'm bitching. Maybe I'm even being selfish. Maybe I need more coffee. Maybe I need to lock myself in the attic and put on some loud music so I can't hear my kids hollering for me to solve world war three.

No comments: