Monday, March 26, 2007

a reading frenzy

I finished the Gleason book late last week and never posted my final thoughts on it. It is a fun read, but I would not consider the book a romance. Not sure why they marketed it as such. It is a historical paranormal with romanntic elements, but not your typical romance novel. A few of the paranormal elements were a bit odd, but in a fun way. The weakest part of the book for me was the lack of character development in the supporting cast. Both Max and Sebastian deserve more in depth attention. I'd buy the next one just to see if M and S are given their fair share of plot space.

I also read a book out of Australia called "Undine"...the author escapes me right now. Very good and unusual YA fantasy. It is basically a self discovery journey tale, but has some neat twists and some down right beautiful writing. I've read a few YA books from Australia, and they just have a neat and quirky way to them. Almost like they see the world in a very different way and as a result can comment on details that escape other writers.


Now, I visited B&N this weekend and bought the new Kim Harrison book. Yippee...been waiting for this one. I love the world she has created in the Hallows. This is her hardback debut. Run and get this one, it will be worth every dollar. Any spare time I have this week will be spent with this book..."For a Few Demons More."


That's it folks....busy week ahead...library book sale and
guess who is in charge of keeping those hardworking volunteers fed? Yep, yours truly has to make sure food and drink are available Wednesday through Saturday. Wish me luck, short lines at Wally World (I hate that store), and nice weather.

No comments: