Monday, March 19, 2007

juggling

I have four books waiting to be read on my bedside table. Two are Young Adult fantasy novels, one is a Regency Vampire novel, one is an Edwardian mystery. I believe two of them are debut novels.

To go along with that I have mounds of laundry, a dirty house, an empty pantry and a WIP that is starting to get surly from lack of attention. I may make the huge push today to tend to the domestic chores and then spend the remainder of the week catching up the WIP.

I think I could use an extra set of arms, the juggling is getting a bit much. My helpers are all returning to school this week. Spring break is over and the final push to summer vacation begins this morning. I told the youngest we'd count how many Mondays until vacation starts. Might be good information to have as I really didn't balance my writing with them being underfoot. They won, hands down. I mean, it is much more fun to fly kites and picnic than to have butt in chair and proofread.

If I read any of the four books today as I wait for the laundry to cycle or take a break from scrubbing the kitchen floor, I will post what I selected and how it's going.

2 comments:

Emily Hendricks said...

I have the very beginnings of a WIP I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually get into yet, but I'm working on it. Sometimes life really does it in the way, doesn't it?

Take care!

-Emily, a fellow writer/blogger

EYR said...

Why, yes, yes it does:) Good luck on finding time to put butt in chair!