Wednesday, March 28, 2007

endings

I wrote a bit yesterday about how I was having some difficulty resolving the ending of my WIP. I think, after much thought, I have it figured out. Once I settled that issue, I spent the rest of the day reading the new Kim Harrison book. Talk about a tough ending. Geez. I'm still not sure it worked for me, and I wonder if she lost any sleep over the plot twist at the end. The plot device she used seemed a bit contrived. I'd be interested to hear other readers thoughts on the subject.

This week has turned into a non writing week as my volunteer obligations for the book sale are demanding more time than I anticipated. Stepping away for a bit might be a good thing as I am within spitting distance of the end. It should give me plenty of time to ponder just how I will wrap things up, how I want to edit the draft and what I do after that is completed.

I've started to toy with the dreaded, hive inducing query letter. I've never queried my fiction before, this will be a brand new adventure. I'm soaking up as much info as I can from various blogs and websites. I need to devote a day to targeting agents and doing that research.

So much more to writing than the actual writing, at least if you intend to put your 'baby' out there for consideration.

No comments: