Tuesday, January 14, 2014

oops, anne is up next

Thought I would be reading "The Giver," but the library had other plans. I finally was able to check out a copy of "The Wolves of Midwinter" by Anne Rice.

Whoop! I started it last night. As always, good stuff.

In other news, keeping lots of positive thoughts and prayers for a former soccer girl as she has decided to head back to school. This young lady struggles with panic attacks and anxiety. She had a very rough first semester and was on the fence about returning for the spring. She is going. Her mom and I chatted over the weekend and she sent me a note late last night to let me know what was going on. She is such a sweet young lady and it breaks my heart to know she is having problems.

Rainy day yesterday and while it isn't pouring this morning, it is extremely damp and icky outside. I really need to get back into my walking routine. The cold and icy sidewalks kept us off the 'path' for a while. Now I'm just being lazy. Ugh.

Off into Tuesday I go...have a good day.

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

You'll have to do a review of The Giver. I don't care a whole lot for it, but that could have something to do with the fact that it is SO FREAKIN' OVERUSED in schools. I swear, half the elementary school teachers use this book! And then the reading teachers use it! Some of them treat it like it's Shakespeare and think kids MUST read the book. *rolls eyes* And the thing is, most kids don't even grasp the story, and they don't like it -- mostly because of the ending.
Like I said, you'll have to let us know what you think.

EYR said...

The boy enjoyed it, and he had never read it before. I will read it after I finish the Rice book and let you know my thoughts. We are going to 'discuss' it at dinner one night, so after I finish, the hubby is going to read it too! Our new project for 2014.