Thursday, January 2, 2014

1

My first book of 2014 is one that I began on my Christmas vacation, but set aside in order to start and finish reading "Hild."

"The Demon King" is book one in the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. I began reading Chima back when I worked for the library as I purchased her first series for the collection. Her YA fantasy titles are always popular and with this newer series, I can see why she continues to do well.

She has three other titles out in this series, I just stumbled across the first one on the library's ebook site. Like her Warrior Heir series, she does a great job with epic fantasy, action, world building, and tosses in interesting characters to propel the whole plot along at a nice pace.

So, book number one is officially completed and I have started number two. Yes, I will have my 52 book goal again in 2014. I'd like to surpass it, but will commit to at least my one a week average for now.

Off to work I go. It was a wonderful holiday, couldn't have asked for anything better.


No comments: