Wednesday, November 18, 2009

fantabulous

I think I've read six Dresden Files books at this point and I have to say I'm addicted to them now. As soon as I finish this post I will be logging on to the library's website to request two more titles from a neighboring library. Can I just tell you how much I hate it when our library doesn't own the complete series and has piecemeal portions of it?!

Ahem.

Well, "Small Favor" was a fun read. Butcher puts together one Gordian Knot of a plot to enjoy. Harry is in debt to Mab, yep, the genuine Queen of Air and Darkness, the big Winter Fairy herself. When she comes to collect what is owed her Chicago suffers a blizzard of the century and puts Harry smack dab in the middle of two kidnappings and a war between the agents of Heaven and Hell. Not to mention with him now on Mab's 'payroll', Titania the Queen of Summer has sent the Gruffs (as in three billy goats) out to eliminate him from the picture.

Inventive, funny, action packed and filled with a buffet of supernatural creatures...I just loved this book.

Going to dive into Dan Brown's latest today....hard to leave my new buddy Harry alone, but I have to wait until those requested books arrive before I can immerse myself in Jim Butcher's wizardly Chicago world.

1 comment:

maybe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.