Tuesday, November 13, 2007

too funny

My DH sent this to me today, it came on the heels of a long conversation about the bookstore and some of the more hair pulling episodes I'm having or others are having.

Sunday's sermon was---Forgive Your Enemies.Toward the end of the service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?"80% held up their hands.The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one small elderly lady. "Mrs. Jones? Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?" "I don't have any." She replied, smiling sweetly."Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?" "Ninety-eight."She replied."Oh Mrs. Jones, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world?"The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation, and said: "I outlived the bitches."

On a totally different front, you've got to check out Dwight's blog today http://dwightwriting.blogspot.com/.

Way too funny. He started a discussion about youthful crushes. Made me think of that Friends episode and the laminated list..remember Ross and Isabella Rossilini?

Today would be the perfect day to write, except it is raining like a sonuvabi^%&....and the thunder and lightening is actually rattling the house. Yet again, the girls will not have a soccer game tonight. I think I need to ship the team over to Georgia. It might solve their rain crisis better than the governor praying on the front lawn. The girls' team has some serious mojo going on.

No comments: