Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hoosier Hysteria

I stumbled across ESPN last night and to my total joy and delight discovered Indiana was playing Georgia Tech in Assembly Hall. Yes! I tuned in just in time to catch the end of the first half and stayed planted in the comfy chair to enjoy the rest of the game.

For some unknown reason, after the Big Dance ends, I seem to forget just how much fun it is to watch college basketball. I'm so revved up now for the regular Big Ten season to start, I've already printed off the schedule of televised games.

The Hoosiers went on to win and after watching them play, this could become a habit for them. DJ White and Eric Gordon are an incredible inside/outside duo. Hard to believe Gordon is a freshman. He drives the lane like it is the autobahn.

Enough basketball.......

Off to the bookstore today, tomorrow and Friday. At some point I need to dust and vacuum my house. That is the rest of my week. My girls' soccer season ends tonight, their long break has not done them any favors. They lost last night 1-0. It would be nice if they could end with a win. Basketball season starts for them Saturday. Oops, there is that b-ball word again.

The hubby made it home from the funeral with plenty of stories to tell. We are both gearing up for our jaunt north next month. Christmas back in Indiana-Hoosierland for the first time in 5 years......talk about plenty of material for a novel. But, aren't most families like that?

6 comments:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

Indiana has a basketball team?

EYR said...

Hardy har har......

feeling feisty today???

Michelle Moran said...

I hope your son is feeling better and that your Christmas holiday goes smoother than Thanksgiving (and with less drama)!

Keep working on Maddy Blue!!!! I want to be able to purchase it one of these holidays ;]

EYR said...

Hey Michelle...good hearing from you. I'm sure you've been closeted away immersed in either the ancient Eygptian sands or the busy streets of ancient Rome?!

The boy is back to normal...or at least what passes for that state in our house:)

Yes, here's to a smoother Christmas, but the drama will be in constant supply...such is my hubby's family!

Yes, Maddy Blue has been calling my name, with more intensity as well. I think I'm about ready for one of those long at the keyboard sessions.

Best to you as the holidays approach!

Michelle Moran said...

Thank you, Liz. And I'm glad to hear your son is on the mend. ;]

Kim Smith said...

*chanting* Sunday..Sunday..Sunday.. :P