Thursday, November 15, 2007

out of whack

I wrenched my neck a few days ago and have been walking around doing a fantastic imitation of a robot. Aging sucks. Aging is not for wimps. Waaaaaah.

With my neck out of whack, sitting at the computer has not been the fun filled time it usually is for me. I've popped off and on, posted a few things here and there, but my usual blog reading has suffered.

Here are a few random thoughts and comments based on a rather painful week.

Middle daughter came home to inform me that a fellow student is passing around a petition to have "The Golden Compass" withdrawn from the school library because 'god' is killed in the series. Geez Louise, just great. Did allow the perfect time/opportunity for a lesson on petitions, censorship, fiction and religious zealotry.

Oldest daughter is knee deep in research projects. Now, that makes my heart sing. She finally has teachers who see the value in teaching their students about bibliographies, citations and crafting a research paper. Yeah...you go Ms. Tucker, Ms. Ford and Ms. Higg.

The quantity of gifts under the Christmas tree has fallen off, but our Christmas expenditures have risen drastically. Hooray, less to wrap. Boo hiss, more to pay.

That's all I can do today.....off to take the next dose of ibuprofin....

No comments: