Monday, April 6, 2015

day 9 home again

We woke on day 9 not quite ready to go back to the States. Hard leaving the city I love. Harder leaving the girly to finish her semester.

But, we packed, had breakfast, straightened up the flat, and walked to the hotel to hail a cab. As we said our goodbyes to our girl, yes, I did cry. I really didn't want to leave! The cab came much too quickly and whisked us off to Paddington Station so we could get the Express back to Heathrow.

We were quiet on the trip. I was lost in my thoughts about the amazing week we had. I was already thinking of how soon could we get back!!

The trip home was uneventful. Easy. Comfortable for a 9 hour flight. My hubby even let the flight attendants know it was my 50th birthday and they brought us first class dessert plates! Delish.

We arrived back home, after our layover in Atlanta, about 11 PM. It had been a very long day. We did some basic unpacking, gave the two kids we'd left in the States their gifts, and collapsed into bed.

Sunday was a blur of jet lag and laundry. Off to work on Monday.

It was an amazing trip. I can't pick a favorite day or activity as each day was wonderful and everything we did was so much fun.

I do want to go back. My hubby is right, England is my Hogwarts. It is my magical place and I love it so.


No comments: