Monday, December 2, 2013

it's the most wonderful time

Thanksgiving was great! It was so nice to have our girls home and it was extra nice to have my folks with us for Thanksgiving. I think we all had a great time being together and everyone enjoyed the extra long weekend. At the start of the week, we even had a visit from my uncle. Good to see him.

After the girls departed on Sunday, I had planned to start decorating the house for Christmas, but I just couldn't get motivated to do it. So, we sat around all afternoon and I decided to reread "Mockingjay." We had taken the family to see Catching Fire on Saturday afternoon. Great movie!

I didn't get very far in the book. Ended up falling asleep quite early last night. Guess that is okay as the hubby's alarm went off at 4 a.m. He has to go out of town today for work and I have to go in to the office early to make up time in order to take the boy to the orthodontist.

In other news....I'm a winner! I won a very cool tote bag from Lisa's promo contest for "Becoming Brigid." So excited!

Well, my plan for decorating is going to now involve doing a little bit each day. The girls asked that we leave the ornaments off the tree so they can place them when they get home for the holidays. I need to buy some new wide, wire-edged ribbon for bow making and garland wrapping. Looks like Costco is in my future.

Randomness abounds as we start into this new week. Fifteen work days until the longest vacation of my work year.

It is the most wonderful time of the year!




No comments: