Monday, December 17, 2012

the elves are now delivering

The elves made their first delivery of the year. Way back when  my girls were little, they tag-teamed me on a daily basis about opening their presents. They were relentless and adorable. So much so that I needed to come up with a plan. I had purchased a ton of little things for their stockings and thought, why not spread those gifts out and drop one item in each of their stockings every day until Christmas arrived. Thus, the elves were born.

So, for the week before Christmas, my three wake up to some little something in their stockings every morning.

Today it is a box of Tic-Tacs and a package of gum.

The older two actually asked me if the elves were coming this year and in my brief moment of hesitation, they  pleaded for the tradition to continue!

I'm working a full week this week so they are going to be quite busy helping around the house cleaning, baking, and doing laundry. Good behavior all around, after all, the elves are watching!


2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Cute idea!

On a funny note about good behavior, yesterday in church, I noticed there were FAR fewer screaming children than usual. Then I realized how close to Christmas it was, and all was explained.

EYR said...

Thanks! We've enjoyed the elves for about 15 years now. Yes, the kids at Mass seemed to be on their best behavior Sunday!! The Santa-man is wonderful leverage.