Wednesday, September 19, 2012

yawn

I can't seem to stop yawning this morning. Ugh. The rainy weather moved out of the area in time for my coworker and I to take a nice walk on our lunch break. Beautiful, breezy, sunny, cool weather settled in. It was glorious. Today should be more of the same.

Soccer last night was awful. The team lost to a private school team that we have beat in every match we've played them over the past 5 years. We lost 1-0. The daughter is not happy. She played 14 minutes in the first half and never went back in. To say she is pissed, might be an understatement. But, she told hubby/daddy, that she didn't want to be one of 'those' girls who complains to coach. He told her no one will advocate for you unless you do. If you feel you deserve to be on the field, you need to say something and ask for an explanation.

The season is half over and I seriously doubt this team will make it to state. Another streak will end. I don't know what is going on with the team or with the coach.

In other interesting news, I found out yesterday that I will not be going to the national meeting after all. Registrations are way down and they are cutting the staff who would go. So, three of us are being left at home. Fine by me. Not so fine with the other two. One looked shocked and one looked ticked off. Oh well, get over it ladies. For me, I'd rather they save money and I have a job than the three of us go to a convention for a week.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: