Wednesday, September 26, 2012

woohoo wednesday

Woohoo! It is Wednesday!!

I'm finding it really hard to believe that this is the last week in September. Wow. October is approaching and as we left the house this morning for our walk, I realized I really need to take the summer flowers out of the basket on the front door and replace them with the fall foliage items I have stored somewhere.

I'm not a floral arranger by any stretch of any imagination. I just stick them in the basket and hope they look okay.

I'm still reading the novel "Fire" by Kristin Cashore. I am enjoying it and need to finish it up before it disappears from my Nook.

The hubby attended the boy's IEP meeting yesterday. Yes, our son has a disability according to our fair state. Being labeled as 'gifted' comes with reams of paperwork. This will be our final meeting as the IEP expires next year once he hits high school. Then the world of AP classes kicks in for him.  The meeting went well and the teacher that attended is one we have known for years and he is getting a big kick out of teaching the boy.

In other news, a young lady who babysat the girls for us back in the day is getting married this weekend. Married! Yikes. She teaches art in the Chicago public schools. Seems like just yesterday she was at our house for a weekend and reading the latest Harry Potter book with the middle kid while the boy napped and I was off to the theater with the oldest for her Nutcracker performance.

Off to work I go! Enjoy the day.


No comments: