Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the daily grind

Life has been a bit of a grind, especially as work of late. We are trying hard to finish the abstracts and get those off our plate. We also have a newsletter to layout, edit and send off. We have the next journal to finish up.  Lots of bits and pieces and lots of 'grind.'

I saw the following on facebook this morning and thought I must just have to print it off and hang it on my cubicle wall so I can see it.

“You must write every single day of your life... You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads... may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world.”―Ray Bradbury

I guess I could wear our scientific journals on my head like a hat. In our department, that might draw a chuckle, or two.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Really love that quote. Hope your week flies by!