Thursday, August 2, 2012

mommy woes

We've had such a whirlwind of a summer with trying to get the oldest ready for college. We are now one week away from her move in date. The dining room is piled with boxes, containers, bags etc. The packing of her clothes will begin over the weekend.

The middle kid is trying to finish up her summer work. When I arrived home yesterday, she and two of her buddies were watching the movie version of "All the King's Men." I know she has read half the book, but it seems that the other two were a bit behind on that task. Their paper is due Monday.

The youngest will get to tour his new school on Saturday afternoon. We should be getting the email with his homeroom teacher's name tomorrow.

Lots of emotions going through the house right now and we are all feeling it. The oldest told me yesterday that she is afraid she will lose touch with her sister. They are very different girls, but they've always been buddies. The middle kid is nervous about her college applications and trying to decide where to attend school and what to study once she gets there.

The youngest, well, we just need to keep him out of trouble and make sure he is doing his homework and turning it in!!

The kids are keeping my thoughts jumping around, my emotions right at the surface, and my eyes blurry with tears.

I'm excited, happy, scared, anxious, worried etc.  As my dear, dear friend Cindy told me, "You pray a lot and hope for the best. You pray that you gave them the tools they need to navigate their path in life and hope they have the good sense to use them!"

Happy Thursday.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

good advice Cindy :)