Friday, May 30, 2008

back home in Cville

We are back home from our lovely jaunt to my parents in the opposite corner of our fair state. We ate way too much, but that white chocolate bread pudding with a raspberry sauce was just too good to pass up, along with the creme brulee etc. It was a wonderful visit and I didn't gain any weight. Not quite sure how I managed that, but I'll take it.

Now that life is starting to swing into summer time mode, the oldest kidlet and I have been out every morning for her three mile run. I bike it while she runs it. She is gearing up for soccer tryouts. Then we get the dog and take him for a walk for the cool down portion....gosh, I feel so healthy!

Today we are headed out to purchase the appropriate gift for the DH as it is his birthday tomorrow. Yep, going to get the man a fire pit from Target or Home Depot. That way we can all enjoy smores on the patio. Don't you just love gifts that the whole family can enjoy? It is one of the benefits of being married with kids.

On the reading and writing front, been doing a lot of the first and none of the second. Even my mother gave me grief about my lack of creativity. I am reading the latest Bernard Cornwell story about his macho man, warrior lord extraordinaire, Uhtred of Bebbanburg. Gosh, I just love that character. Cornwell weaves one hell of a tale....haven't read a book by him that I didn't enjoy from start to finish.

Better round up the kiddoes and head out. I'm buying them lunch as well.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Glad to have you back :) can't wait to get my hands on some smores... now you have my mouth watering for them!!