Wednesday, July 15, 2015

the last three

Up first, the big storm that roared through yesterday knocked our power out for 3 hours! So, once everyone was home, we went out for dinner. Had a great time at Lee Kan and came home, drove the neighborhood, and by the time we circled back around, the power was on. Yippee! Cranked the a/c down and settled in for the night.

I overslept, again. I guess I'm going to have to set my alarm if I want to walk. UGH.

In other news, my weekend reading recap: the two books I finished and the one I started.

Alexandra Ivy's "When Darkness Comes" is a typical vampire romance novel, but it was better than most. More action, some interesting  characters, and a quick pace. If another one of her titles becomes available via BookBub, I'd be tempted to spend the .99 cents to get it.

"Witch Hunt" by SM Reine was another Book Bub deal. Good Stuff here. Don't get male protags that often from women writers or in urban fantasy fiction. Nice world building, good characters, and a twisty plot. I liked it. Again, if Book Bub runs a deal on other titles, I'm in. Heck, I might even venture to B&N to see about just buying the next one at full price.

Last, but not least, is the latest from Erika Johansen, "The Invasion of the Tearling," I've been waiting for this one for a while. I'm only about half way through it, and wishing I had more time to read it. Love the characters, love the murky nature of our heroine, excited to see what happens next.

So, that's it! All caught up.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments: