Friday, May 21, 2010

ready, set, summer

My kids are officially on summer break.  It was a bittersweet moment yesterday as the youngest realized it was his last day of elementary school. That chapter is now closed and a brand new one is set to begin. The familiar faces, the well traveled hallways, the comforting daily routine will be replaced with a lot of UNKNOWN.  Scary and exciting all at the same time.

Not sure when it will feel like summer. The oldest and I agreed that it feels like a long weekend right now. Soccer tryouts for the high school are Monday and Tuesday and then the State league tourney is next weekend. Maybe after all of that is over, it will feel like summer.

In the meantime, I have several books to read. I'm reading "The Sugar Queen" right now and then will dive into a borrowed copy of "The Help."  Going to follow that up with a urban fantasy I nabbed yesterday while I volunteered at the bookstore.

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: