Tuesday, May 18, 2010

reading away

This time of year is perfect for reading outdoors. I took my book, a tumbler of water and sat on the patio enjoying the shade of our unpruned crape myrtle, a light breeze and the birds singing.  In a few weeks it will be too hot, too humid and too buggy to enjoy the patio in the late afternoon. Yesterday, however, was perfect.

I have certain places I enjoy reading. One end of the sofa works much better than the other.  I like to read while tucked in bed.  The patio is another favorite location.

I'm also quite good at reading in the car and have spent untold hours reading there while waiting for the soccer girls to finish a practice.

One place I haven't read for a long time is on a beach. I'd hoped to enjoy a few days of that this summer, but it looks like the oil spill will postpone those plans. 

No comments: