Wednesday, May 26, 2010

long day in the sun

I should know better. I went out yesterday to edge and mow the yard. Hubby has been so busy during the week and our weekends are filled with soccer, so this outside chore has fallen to yours truly it seems. The girls were at a 3 hour soccer tryout and the boy, after doing poo patrol, headed to a friends to play.  I enjoy doing the work as it is mindless and offers a bit of fresh air and an opportunity to be in the sun. Boy was I in the sun. Didn't realized how much I got while mowing, then later in the day I took two of the three kids to the pool for the first time this year.

I'm a bit red in spots as my sunscreen application left a lot to be desired. Not sure where my brain was, but I missed applying my 30 SPF to some obvious spots on my legs and neck...I look quite splotchy.  Guess I can't talk, answer questions and apply sunscreen all at the same time. Geez.

I didn't get much reading done. I was going to take "The Help" but decided at the last minute to grab a paperback instead. 

I'm going to try and finish the paperback today and begin "The Help'' over the weekend in between our soccer matches. Wish I could read in the car as we have a bit of driving to do over the next several days. Oh well:)

No comments: