Friday, October 16, 2009

I will be so glad......

When this portion of the ongoing soccer season is over, I may have a bottle of wine with one of the other mothers to celebrate. Nothing better than finding out about an unexpected and unscheduled weekend game after the kid has already been committed to work at a mini tournament as a referee. Nothing better than murky, mysterious emails that require a variety of other emails to determine what the email is really saying. Didn't realize 'communication' was a four letter word.

Thank goodness the head ref is her spring soccer coach and totally understands that this sort of craptastic stuff happens and could find someone to cover the game she will miss. Thank goodness I'm an early riser and being at a soccer field at 7 in the morning for an 8am kickoff isn't that difficult for me.

Did I say I'd be glad when this portion of the soccer year ends??? I'm so ready for league play to start. Soooooo ready.

Venting over....for now.

So, one kid plays one game and then refs 11 for her weekend activities. One kid along with hubby travels west for a weekend tournament. And one kid stays with me. Here is hoping for sunny and dry days.

I think we all need them. I know my disposition does.

No comments: