Thursday, October 29, 2009

best bit in the paper

The best bit in the paper today was about caskets. Did you know that you can buy caskets online from Wally world, Sams and Costco? I sure didn't! I guess the funeral home has to let you provide your own coffin if you wish and the online retailer has to guarantee that the casket will be delivered within 48 hours.

Wow. Plus, some of the online stores even have 12 months same as cash payment plans.

On to other news........

The intermittent rain is wreaking havoc with my calendar. I've scratched off and rewritten so many soccer practices that I have no room left for any more changes this week. Now both girls have something, supposedly, for tonight that was supposed to happen earlier in the week. Plus, the boy has his school open house/book fair.

Wonder if those online retailers sell clones or at least a Rent-a-mommy for those nights when you need to be in three places at approximately the same time.

Of tonight's activities, the book fair ranks near the top. I love a good book fair. I remember the first book I bought at a book fair. It was a book about Indians that I purchased when I attended Gates Elementary school in Aurora, Il. I loved that book. It had great pictures in it and short paragraphs about a variety of different Indian tribes. I had to be pretty young, I only went to Gates from kindergarten through half of second grade...then I had to leave my Mary Poppins teacher and start school in a different place with the Wicked Witch of the West's clone!!

I wonder if the staff at Boulder Hill Elementary ordered her up online....oh wait, those were the days before the Internet.

No comments: