Thursday, October 8, 2009

550 posts later

When I logged into my blog this morning, I noticed I've hit the 550 mark. Yep, I've written over 550 blog posts. Not sure if I've managed to say anything earth shattering in that time, but I've enjoyed using a blog. I usually write my entries as I savor that very first cup of coffee, before the kids and the hubby start to stir and the house is quiet.

I've blogged about books, reading, my volunteer work, my kids and hubby, my friends, the library and a few other of my passions.

It usually isn't too difficult to find a topic to write a few words about. There is always something going on.

So, here is to another 450 as I look at 1,000 as my next goal.

Started reading, on the recommendation of my friend Anne B, "The Little Lady Agency" by Hester Browne. I love the wit and humor that comes out of Great Britain and this book has plenty of it. Very witty, very cute, very British, very fun......and not literary fiction by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

I'm off on a field trip with our youngest today. Tour buses filled with fifth graders are making their way into the city to see the sights. Soccer mom I may be, but field trips are not my cup of java. It is five o'clock somewhere in the world, right?

The Friends meeting went well yesterday and I was given a glorious bouquet of cut mums as a thank you for my efforts in the bookstore over the past two years. They flowers looks amazing in my family room and I was so grateful to receive them. I love what I do for the Friends and I'm so glad I'm a part of that group.

Fall break begins tomorrow after the last school bell rings as well as Homecoming events at the high school. Looking forward to the mini vacation for the kiddoes. We have a few things planned and I hope our weather cooperates.

3 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Congratulations are in order for your two years of excellent service to the Book Store, Friends and Library in general. The mums are gorgeous, and a small reminder of how much you are appreciated.

Your blog posts are always interesting, and I look forward to reading them every day - and miss them on the weekend ! Congratulations on the 550 milestone, too.
Field trips: I remember some good ones from my childrens' and grandchildrens' school years when I was privileged to accompany a group of youngsters somewhere. Outstanding were trips Shiloh to see the Civil War monuments, and to Rowan Oaks, home of William Faulkner in Oxford MS; and another, with a granddaughter for a boat ride on the Memphis Queen. Have fun today, making Memories!

Kim Smith said...

ahhh field trips... i never went on any with my kids. too much children not enough prozac in the world for me :) but hope you enjoy it!

Elizabeth said...

I love reading your blog and always feel inspired! congrats on 550! way to go! I wish I had your discipline to keep up on my own,,,,, Ü