Tuesday, October 13, 2009

and our wet, rainy fall continues

If winter follows the path autumn has taken, I have high expectations for 'white stuff' more than once in the months ahead. Middle kid's soccer game was called off last night and her game tonight, if the forecast is correct, will be rained out. The oldest kid has practice this morning and two games later in the week, as her season winds down. I'm getting the laundry room ready for mud.

We ended up visiting the mall yesterday for out outing. Stopped in the bookstore, always fun to look at the new titles and wish the library had them as well. Frustrating for me to see the great amount of YA books and know that our library won't have them for a long time if ever. We also went to the makeup store and the girls got some new eye makeup. I remember those days when a new liner or mascara could make my week....now, who has time?

I'm reading the third Hester Browne book about her Little Lady Agency. These are fun books filled with British humor. I've enjoyed the first two and the third is shaping up to be just as delightful.

As it does look like rain again, I think we will probably watch movies this afternoon and stay out of the weather. I had hoped to make a trip into downtown and visit a certain island we've never seen, but I'd rather wait for a more sunny afternoon for that excursion.

Back to reality tomorrow, but it is a short week and should fly by.

No comments: