Saturday, March 8, 2008

snow day



Holy crap, the white stuff came roaring into town with a vengeance yesterday. Of course, that didn't stop us from heading over to the local multiplex with our Canadian neighbors for a movie. We piled into the hubby's AWD and made tracks to see "Jumper." Which, by the way, is a pretty fun flick. More geared towards the teenage set than us middle age folks, but I laughed, had fun and ate a big bag of peanut M&Ms.

Due to the weather, soccer is obviously canceled for the day. I imagine the big Fr. Horn practice is canceled too....not good as solo/ensemble is coming up. Heck, I even bet my friend the library director will close the library!

The thing about getting 5 inches of snow, yes I took the tape measure out and measured what was on the picnic table, is that my town doesn't have the equipment to handle it. Got plenty of bubba's with gun racks, but not so many with plows on the front of those big old pickup trucks. I think our town owns one snow plow. Shovels, you've got to be joking.

And the ironic thing is that even though hubby and I grew up driving in the white, flaky fun, most folks around here didn't. But, they think since they have a SUV they know what they are doing. Best to stay off the road and let their egos help them right into the nearest ditch.
The picture is taken outside my kitchen window. I've got a big pot of coffee brewing, the paper to read and a silent house. I'm sure the neighborhood kids will be up and out building snow people before the morning is over.
Enjoy the weekend...this damn Yankee is fixing to!

No comments: