Monday, June 28, 2010

in my mind

In my mind, if I concentrate hard enough, I can still hear the gulf waves hitting the shoreline. I can still feel the sand between my toes and hear the gulls calling to each other over head.

But, I will have to wait for at least a few months to enjoy all those simple things in person. Our trip to the beach was a huge success and I loved every minute of it.  I feel rested and recharged.

I did finish the Jim Butcher novel, "Changes", I took. Boy, oh boy. His Dresden Files series just gets better and better. Major, major twists in the plot. HUGE. I. Loved. It.  If you aren't reading this series and you enjoy sci/fi and fantasy, you are really missing out.

Right now I am trying to finish "The Lace Reader" by Brunonia Barry.  Good stuff there also.

Up today, I'm going to empty the kitchen pantry and paint it. It looks so dingy, it need a new coat of paint to spruce those walls. Who knows what else will get painted once I get started. But first, lots of boxes and cans to remove. I better hop to it.

No comments: