Saturday, December 29, 2007

jiggity jig

Home again. We bypassed our weekend in Chicago to cap off our trip north as the middle kid came down with a sinus infection. Spent three hours in a Med Point with her followed up by an hour at the pharmacy. So, Friday morning saw us packing up and heading south. We did experience a bit of the snow that moved into Chicago-land, but by the time we were midway down the Land of Lincoln, it turned to rain and then sunshine. I missed the sun, reaffirmed for me why I don't miss living in Indiana. The sun didn't shine the entire time we were there. Bleh, argh.....

Christmas 2007 has come and gone. I'm glad to be on the other side. Gift giving/receiving with the hubby's side of the family can be a bit of a challenge. My sister-in-law is the queen of the re- gift. I could fill pages with the assortment of ego bruising items foisted on me in the name of holiday cheer. You'd think that after 16 years of marriage to my hubby, his family would figure out that a gift card to Barnes and Noble would send me cartwheeling in ecstasy. No, instead I get used baskets, candlesticks and department store freebies. Ah well, after 16 years I've learned to not expect.

Today the hubby and I are headed to Costco for the major after Christmas shop. On the list are a flat screen TV and a laptop. Yep, we are going to splurge and treat ourselves. Of course this means that I really need to finish the edits on Maddy Blue. I can now work on that WIP in the van. Wahooo.

The house is still and quiet. Everyone is enjoying sleeping in their own beds...good lord I missed my electric mattress pad:) So good to be home, have that first cup of coffee alone and read the paper without having to make small talk. The little things in life are the best gifts of all.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

welllll????? did you get the lapper? tell tell!!

Ps... welcome back. Editing is going SOOOO well. Lots to talk about...